Car Review: 2018 #Nissan #Armada Platinum 4×4
Base Price: $61,590
Here's what I loved the most – this SUV was super swanky and felt luxurious – yet there were very few extra costs to all the swank was standard with the Premium model.
- $450 – Captain's Chair Package – this really added a nice element to the backseat and would be great for passengers on long trips
- $350 – Carpeted Floor Mats – not sure if this would be worth it but if I had to upgrade, I'd go for floor mats that were rubber instead (if available) Standard 5.6-liter DOHC Endurance® V8 engine Rated at 390 horsepower This swanky ride was perfect for a road trip AND getting around town.
Total Price: $63,545 (includes destination charges)
The Forged Copper color with tan leather interior gave the ride a very rich look.
The Armada Platinum is loaded:
The Armada is the flagship of Nissan’s expanding lineup of SUVs and crossovers, the full-size family-adventure Armada features
- 8-passenger seating
- a 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 with best-in-class1 standard maximum 390 horsepower and standard maximum towing capacity of 8,500 pounds for both 4WD and 2WD models The
- Platinum model adds standard NissanConnectSM Services powered by SiriusXM®, an 8-inch multi-touch control display, HD Radio, SiriusXM® Travel Link, Enhanced Voice Recognition, Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant, and additional USB ports for all grade levels. I definitely tried out the Voice Recognition and the Hands-Free Text Messaging since I was on the road quite a bit for my Midwest Trip.
Other things to note:
- Standard Intelligent Rear View Mirror (I-RVM)2, which uses a high-resolution camera mounted on the rear of the vehicle to project a clear image onto an LCD monitor built into the standard rearview mirror. It was a little busy but I liked it!
- I was not a fan of the boxy exterior backside of the car but I liked the overall look.
- Gas Mileage – wellll…. 15mpg … but what did you expect with a V8? I'd trade the power for the gas mileage but it would be prohibitive on very long trips.
- Large, comfortable interior with ample 2nd row roominess, including 40.0 inches of 2nd row headroom and 41.0 inches of 2nd row legroom – I was able to fit 3 grown ass men in the back and they didn't seem like they were in a clown car. It was a great way to get around Ohio and in between spots while attending Social Media Week Lima!
My opinion – this car was definitely worth the base pricepoint of $61,590 since it included so much. Flexible seating for eight plus 8,500-pound standard towing capacity make Armada the ideal family adventure companion. Thank you Nissan for the loan in exchange for my very opinionated opinion!
#ForConsideration #BrandAmbassador #FemaleBuyingPower #ArmadaPlatinum