2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Features I liked:
- Front seat view is open & spacious – I could see everything coming at me! • •
- Saddle Brown interior gave it a rich & look inside
- Panoramic Roof – this makes the car seem incredibly open & is standard in the cost for this model
- Standard AWD did great in the snow
- Reverse Automatic Braking – yes, this came in handy when someone walked behind the car in parking lot while they were staring at their phone 😀
- The Forester is a genuinely useful crossover with room, a view, and—most important—utility.
- Rear seats have plenty of legroom
- Approx. 26 MGP during my test drive
- Interior Room: According to Cars.usnews.com – “Cargo space is one of the Forester's best attributes. With the rear seats up, it has more than 34 cubic feet of space, which is enough room for more than two dozen carry-on bags or outdoor sporting equipment like camping gear. With the rear seats down, this Subaru provides nearly 75 cubic feet of cargo room, which is enough space to transport even some furniture. ” This would have been great for hauling around donated pet food from Colorado Pet Pantry (unfortunately I didn't get to do that this time)
- Bumpin' loud stereo with the harmon/kardon premium audio
Things I wasn't crazy about:
- Hard plastics on interior
- Not many bells & whistles in technology or comfort in the backseat (the kids opinion)
- Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Jumpy throttle response
My Overall Opinion:
Great car for families with kids who are active or people who need versatility for lugging things around. Tons of room for cargo. Not a super complicated car with good gas mileage and a comfortable interior. It felt solid & reliable but not cheap.
- According to Car & Driver: Slotting above the smaller Crosstrek and below the larger but similarly priced Outback, the 2018 Subaru Forester is the brand’s compact offering and one of its best-selling models. Like other Subaru models except for the BRZ coupe, the Forester comes standard with all-wheel drive. For now, it’s also the only crossover sold by Subaru that’s available with a turbocharged engine.
- Has AWD standard (which is an upgrade in the CR-V)
- The Outback is the next model up and is the City Cousin to the Forester (the Outback is longer & wider)Key Competitors
Thanks to Subaru for the opportunity to test drive the 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring in consideration for my honest feedback. As always, all content is my personal opinion based on my experience. Well, DUH, right?!