This car loan from Dolan Auto Group was in exchange for my very opinionated opinion!
#ForConsideration #BrandAmbassador #FemaleBuyingPower
There’s something about a 4Runner. For reals – so many people have such an affection for them! I had a 1999 version (see story below) and the look was and still is so classic. Perfect for jumping on the road as part of my #MiaInNevada promotional trip in collaboration with Carson Valley, NV and Tahoe South, NV . Definitely put Nevada on your trip list!
I like to say that the 4Runner is the Mascot Car for Colorado (my home state). It’s well known for handling well on the off-road scene. That being said, this SUV is also polarizing. This is the 5th Generation of 4Runners with the first one to hit the market in 1984. Looking at online reviews, the car reviewers were not crazy about the 5th Gen model that hasn’t changed since 2009.
2019 Toyota 4runner 4×4 TRD Off-Road Premium
Total: $41,224 (included upgrades & delivery)
Fuel Economy: 17 City / 21 Highway / 18 Overall
Engine: 4.0 Liter V5
- Perfect for off road & extreme weather areas
- Classic look
- Flexible cargo hold
- Several large, deep cubbies in the front row
- Power Rear Window – just flat out old school & awesome – sounds like 4Runner is the only SUV in it’s class that does this. You know, it actually rolls down!
- Body on Frame Construction for better offroading – Apparently the 4Runner is one of the last SUV’s to be built like this.
- Keep It Wild Discounts: Toyota offers Keep It Wild Discounts: SR5 and Trail models get $500 off, Premium models get $750, and the 4Runner Limited gets $1,000.
Glass Tint – $288
Door edge guards – $75
Door cups – $75
All weather floor liners & cargo tray – $269
- There’s a surprising lack of common driver aids such as blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, lane keeping assist, forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking. Many of these come standard on other Toyotas or are offered on competitors.
- V6 Only – no V8 Options
- Rides rough compared with more modern SUV crossovers
- Needs more USB ports
- Technology is outdated (see comments below about 2020)
Predicting the 4Runner Future:
If you are a fan of Toyota & 4Runners, you definitely need to test drive this bad boy. And you are looking for big changes, you might want to wait until the next generation comes out which is (rumor has it) scheduled for 2021. The 2020 model will have upgraded safety upgrades as well as technology updates such as adding Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa. Fun changes to come:
SiriusXM standard feature on all 4Runner trim levels by summer of 2020.
Larger multimedia screen sizes on most or all trim levels as well. 2020 4Runner TRD Pro has already been announced with an 8-inch screen. Right now the 6” screen seems very outdated.
Zombie Apocalypse Rating: 7 out of 10
- It’s perfect for off-roading. And you KNOW you’re gonna want to jump the curb and go down some rough roads to get away from zombies.
- Lots of room for stuffing the car with bug-out supplies
- Because it’s known for being great for off-roading, some random sketchy person will try to take it from you.Gas mileage isn’t great
4Runner Side Story
I owned a 4Runner for many years so it was fun to drive the most recent version which was exactly 20 years younger than the 1999 version I recently sold to my mechanic, Eric. Because of my frequent travels and car loans, I decided it needed to go to another person that would love her. With just over 210K, the car had been sitting quietly at my house gathering dust. Eric put in some extra TLC and took her on an epic summer road trip. To my delight, I received photos for the next two weeks as Eric and P&L trekked from Denver to the East Coast and back, stopping along the way to visit various sites and sending pictures back home to let me know my former 4Runner was faring well.
This was my first time working with a dealership for a test drive loan. I arrived early and had time to observe how they did business. Color me impressed! Super attentive to everyone who walked in and very knowledgeable. It’s a crowded world in the auto industry so it’s nice to see a collaborative group.
“Dolan Auto Group is the home of Dolan Toyota, Dolan Lexus, Dolan Mazda and Dolan Kia. Our family of car dealers serves Carson City, and all the surrounding areas of Reno and Carson City. We are a locally owned and operated family-based business. We pride ourselves on our team of associates, the quality of our service, and of course our vehicle brands. Our group consists of over 300 highly trained, certified, and dependable associates. Here at Dolan Auto Group, we aim to solve all of your automotive needs concerns and have put the best team in place for you.”